Monday, March 25, 2013

Projects, classes and product

Projects
I have a wonderful knitted toy to show off.



This was a fun project to knit and it shows.  The pattern comes from Susan B. Anderson  book Itty Bitty toys  She is one of my favorite designers.  She will be signing her new book, Topsy Turvy, at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival (MSWF) on Saturday, May 4th.  

I also finished weaving a lace shawl that didn't photograph as well as the toy.  Here is one photo that shows the flower pattern that appears at regular intervals throughout the entire shawl.  I had lots of problems with weaving this beauty but it was worth it in the end.  I'm not sure if it was the Atwater Bronson lace pattern or the alpaca/silk yarn but the combination of the two made this quite a challenge.

Classes
 I have openings in both my beginning and intermediate weaving classes and in all levels of knitting and crochet.  In addition, I am now teaching spindling.  What's that?  Spinning on a drop spindle.  We'll start with wool and graduate to other fibers from there.

Products
We have several new weaving kits in our Etsy shop along with hand knitted and hand woven items.  Have something special in mind?  Let us create a special scarf, bag, shawl or sweater for you.  We love custom orders.  Contact lotsaknots@msn.com.

Looking for Schacht spinning and weaving products? We have everything you need.  Come sample weaving on Schacht rigid heddle looms, spin on a Matchless spinning wheel and try out the Sidekick portable wheel.  Contact me at lotsaknots@msn.com  or leave a comment to this post.  My studio is located near Washington, DC and convenient to Frederick, MD and Leesburg, VA.  Hope to see you soon!




No comments: