Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summertime Classes!!

The month of June has always seemed like a month of transition. Summer begins. School ends for the year. The days seem longer and the pace is slower. I always look forward to July. First, it's truly summer which means time to play. Second, it's the month before my birthday an d I can allow myself to daydream about an upcoming day of decadence on mny birthday in early August.

Now, July means a new series of Learning to Weave on a Rigid Heddle loom. This is a class for people who know how to weave and those who do not. It covers the differences between rigid heddle weaving and floor loom weaving. It also covers all the weaving basics. I provide the looms, the yarn and detailed written instructions. You provide an interest in learnning to weave on a rigid heddle loom like this one.


Please contact me at weaveonstudio@me.com to register for class. Registration is limited to 3 students. I do not teach anyone under the age of 18. We will meet on July 14, 21 and 28 from 10am to 3pm each day. You will take the looms home with you and have homework after each calss. Please bring a bag lunch and we will take a short break mid-day to eat and chat.

I am working on a new scarf on my Cricket loom just like the one pictured in the above picture.  I will post all about it and the sample I just finished in my next blog.  I'll also offer some tips about weaving with knitting yarns on a rigid heddle loom.

Happy weaving,
Claudia

No comments: