Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Upcoming Classes!!

I am planning two Weave On Start Weaving classes.  The first group will start on Saturday, April 14th.  We will meet on three consecutive Saturdays, April 14, 21 and 28, from 10am to 3pm.  You will weave 3 projects including a scarf or table runner for your final project.  This is a basic weaving class taught using rigid heddle looms like the one in this photo on the right.

A second set of classes will begin on Saturday, July 14th and run for three consecutive weeks, July 14, 21 and 28.  This class will cover both basic and more advanced skills.  We will focus on color and weave, pickup and planning your project.  This class is open to beginners and intermediate students.

Both classes are limited to 4 students.  We will explore weaving language, parts of the loom, and weaving fabric for household items and clothing.  The small class size allows you to move at your own pace.  Working in a small group enhances the learning process and gives you more personalized attention.

Classes take place in my Poolesville home studio.  We take a lunch break each day and water and snacks are always available.  Classes fill quickly and I encourage you to contact me at weaveonstudio@me.com to register or if you have questions.  Also feel free to post any questions following this blog post.













As for my own weaving, I have projects going on three looms and they are all in different stages of completion.  I am threading my Schacht 4 shaft table loom to take with me to a class at the end of the month.  What class does the weaving teacher take?  Color and Weave with Su Butler.  Su is a well known weaving teacher who wrote a very good book about weaving with rayon chenille.  You can purchase her book on her website HERE.

I continue to work on finishing the two rugs I am weaving using Pendleton selvedges I purchased several years ago.  I love the way the colors are turning out.  
In addition, I am winding a warp to sample several overshot patterns on a set of placemats.  I have included sufficient yardage to do some sampling for color and design before I start weaving the placemats.

I almost forgot the Schacht Flip I use every night to complete a table runner.  Here is a photo of me threading the heddle to beam this warp.  The table runner should be done soon and I will post photos next week of the completed table runner.  I am loving weaving on the Flip and so glad I bought one.  

Interested in a new Schacht loom, spinning wheel or accessories?  I am now a Schacht dealer!  Check out all the Schacht looms, wheels and accessories HERE and feel free to contact me with your Schacht needs.  My prices are excellent.  
Happy Weaving!! (and knitting, crocheting and spinning).  Next time: my spinning adventures on our new Schacht Sidekick.

No comments: