Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Weaving, traveling and having fun

I was very surprised to see it's been 2 months since I last posted a blog note.  I keep writing posts in my head that never make it to the computer.

We have a beauty on the loom currently.  I just finished designing the blessing threads and will have a picture of them on our Facebook page next week.  The wrap was designed by Janet from a poem written by our client.  The poem, Home to Oregon, can be found here.  Here is a photo of the wrap on the loom.

The colors are a delight to work on and the weft is a beautiful 2/18 Merino wool which flies off the shuttle.  I am looking forward to placing the blessing threads.  We refer to the wrap as Home to Oregon since it is based on the poem of the same name.

Twilight is a beautiful all cotton wrap that is available in our Etsy shop here.  


The stunning blues and purples of this wrap are difficult to see on the computer.  We have a few good pics in our Etsy shop.  

In addition, we have towel/table runner/ market bag kits that have pre-wound warps and weft yarn on bobbins ready to weave.  We have received great reviews for our kits and will begin offering scarf kits in the near future.

That's all the news from the studio for now.  I'll be back soon.

No comments: