Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Wrap Whizzes off the Loom


I have filmed several of our completed wraps as I remove them from the loom.  I've enjoyed watching the fabric come off the cloth beam and seeing it piled up on the floor in front of the loom.  This time is a bit different.  I admit, I've never worked this quickly in my life OR I may have pushed the wrong button when I filmed myself removing the baby wrap from the loom.  Once it's off there are no "do-overs".  Before I began filming, I spent 15 minutes testing the camera and making certain I positioned it correctly on my new tripod.  Then, I pressed the wrong button or something when I set it to record.  Actually, I think it's more fun this way.

Let's go back to the beginning.  This wrap, which we have titled Home to Oregon, was designed from a poem written by our client.  You can read the poem here.  She explained more about the poem in her blog post.  

The center of the wrap is marked with blessing threads that represent the flight of the mallard ducks over a pond.  The color yarn was chosen to represent that vibrant turquoise that appears on the mallard's head.  You can scroll down on this page and see a nice color photo.  
                            













The wrap is almost done.  Janet is taking a close look at every thread to check for any minor treading errors.  Once these are repaired, the wrap will be hand washed, hemmed and mailed to our client.  I will be sad to see it go.  This one is a beauty.


No comments: