Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm back but from where?

Yes, it has been two months and I could spend the entire page explaining why I haven't posted anything.  Here's the flash version of where I've been and what I've done.  We celebrated Christmas, did a whole lot of cooking, sent the last batch of brownies to Afghanistan, ate lots of good food, enjoyed a brief snow fall and spent a week eating and walking in New Orleans. And now it's time to talk about spring.

I am really excited about spring because I am expecting 2 Schacht Matchless Cherry special edition spinning wheels in April.  These are phenomenal spinning wheels!  I can speak from personal experience.  This is a great opportunity to own a fabulous wheel that is a true one of a kind.  The special edition Matchless Cherry wheel will be the only Matchless with a unique design by the manufacturer, Schacht, which will differentiate this wheel from any other Matchless.

I have ordered 2 wheels and with a deposit of $500 it can be yours.  Feel free to contact me at lotsaknots@msn.com or weaveonstudio@me.com for more information and to schedule a time to try spinning on this wheel.   The remaining payment will be $950.  In addition, I have ordered the matching Spinning wheel cart to make it easier to transport your wheel.  The cart is $65 and if you purchase both you will receive the cart for $55.

Here are all the details on the Special Edition Cherry Matchless double treadle spinning wheel:

The Matchless Spinning Wheel is the most responsive spinning wheel available today. With the double treadle you will appreciate this wheels' matchless capabilities. 

Also included with each wheel: 4 bobbins, threading hook, matching cherry Lazy Kate and a carrying strap. 

The Schacht Matchless Spinning Wheel offers double drive, an updated tension system, and bobbin lead modes of operation. Wheels come with two flyer whorls (medium and fast); four additional flyer whorls offer spinning ratios from 4:1 to 22:1. This limited series run will also have a special marking (though what it will be exactly has not yet been announced)

The 19 1/2" drive wheel and flyer shaft are supported by self-aligning bronze bearings for precise action. Each flyer is individually balanced and the bobbins and flyer whorls are trued on center for long and superior service.

Treat yourself to the only spinning wheel you will ever need or want, the Matchless special edition cherry wheel.  

I'll be back next week with lots of weaving news.