Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday sale

Today I went to the Potomac (MD) Holiday sale. It's held every other year to benefit the organization. I've been a member for 4 years and this was a first for me. I'm glad I went. People were in great spirits, lots of cooperation and lots of fun. Marsha twisted my arm a bit to go, and she never does that, but I'm glad she did.

I bought 4 skeins of 10/2 cotton that is so beautiful it looks like silk. It's in varying shades of gray and I see a supplemental warp with turquoise ribbon going with it. I have stayed away from finer yarns in the past because my hands are too numb to feel them and my eyes too blind to see them. So, why did I buy this yarn? I'm ready to branch out into finer fabrics.

I am almost done with the undulating twill. Hoping to finish it after dinner. I have so many projects in my head. The 8 shaft loom, aka Ethel, is getting warped for napkins and once the log cabin scarf is done on Baby Wolf, it's on to a baby blanket.

I'll post the plans for each and pics of the twill this week.

No comments: